Apricot, Almond and White Chocolate Danish
1. Cut pastry sheets into 9 equal squares and place on two baking trays lined with baking paper, leaving a space between them.
2. Combine ricotta, almond meal and brown sugar in a small bowl and place 1 tbsp. of mixture into the centre of each pastry square.
3. Cut apricot halves in half to make quarters and lay one piece on top of the ricotta mix of each square. Top with a few slivered almonds. Fold opposite corners of pastry up into the middle and pinch to close, forming a diamond shape that is open at both ends.
4. Place into cold cooking space and bake with Professional Baking at 200 °C for 27 minutes.
5. Remove when cooked and set aside to cool.
6. Place white chocolate melts into a Pyrex jug, cover with cling wrap and steam 50 °C. Stir every three minutes with a metal spoon until completely melted. Drizzle chocolate over the cooled pastries and serve.
2 sheets of puff pastry
125 g fresh ricotta (full fat)
410 g apricot halves
1 can almond meal
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp slivered almonds
150 g white chocolate melts – for finishing